Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible
A visionary is a person who can visualize or envisage the future. Generally, leaders are expected to be visionaries as they lead their team and people because they are able to encourage cohesiveness amongst the team. These are people who are characterized by –
- They are innovative and are ready to take risks
- They are resilient and strategic thinkers
- They are charismatic communicators
- They are exceptionally good at planning and organizing skills, and
- They are thoroughly focussed on their goals.
The central character of Lion King, Simba, the son of King Mufasa and Queen Sarabi is innocent and happy-go-lucky until his father is killed and Simba is tricked into thinking that his father died because of him. All this was planned by Mufasa’s brother Scar. Simba gets to know the real reason behind his father’s death and comes back to Pride Lands to fight Scar and reclaim his position as a king.
Simba realizes that he has the blood of the great kings of Pride Lands running in his veins and uses his visionary skills to become the rightful heir to the throne.
In the movie The Penguins of Madagascar, the character of Skipper is the leader of the Penguins. His experience, his energetic character, and his attitude to view even the most routine task as part of a military operation, enable him to deal with problems created by their zoo neighbors and also protect their home in the Zoo.
Skipper is a true leader even if he has his own shortcomings.
How can you help your kid be a visionary?
- Help them be appreciative and accepting of varied point of views in life. Make them aware of the different colors apart from the white and the black…. and they all are so lovely and right.
- Always hold them responsible and let them live with their decisions right from the young age. And also help them make informed decisions.
- Visionaries neither shy away from feedback and nor hesitate from self-improvement.
- Visionaries are never scared of failures.
- let your kids dream big and undertake relevant actions to realize those dreams. Visionaries are not only good at setting goals they also are doers – they put forth their best foot to achieve those dreams.