Recipe – Stuffed cheesy mushrooms
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10-12 mins
- Mushrooms – 20 pieces
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Eggs – 3
- Processed cheese/mozzarella – 100 gm
- Olive oil (2-3 table spoons)
- Salt, pepper, chilli powder, dry mango powder
- Separate the mushroom stems and finely chop them.
- Take some olive oil in a pan and add finely chopped ginger. Sauté it for a minute and add the finely chopped mushroom stems. Sauté for 2-3 minutes till the stems become soft and cooked. Add chilli powder, salt to taste and dry mango powder (Amchur powder) and pepper powder.
- Take this out in a mixing bowl and keep aside for cooling. Add grated cheese and grated boiled eggs in this bowl and give everything a nice mix. The stuffing is ready.
- Take the mushroom caps and fill the stuffing generously in them. In a pan, take very little oil and place the stuffed mushrooms on a medium flame covered for 3 minutes. The cheese is melted by now and the mushroom caps are also cooked.
- Plate them on a platter and serve them hot. The mushrooms are so flavoursome that you really don’t need a dip with them.
Mushrooms are a great source of the mineral selenium that protects the body against tissue-damaging free radicals. rich in dietary fibers that can lower cholesterol and improve heart health. They also contain vitamin B and potassium that are important for the functioning of our body. Eggs added in the recipe helps up the protein intake and hence very beneficial to growing kids.